Thursday, June 16, 2011 By: Luxury Hotels in Delhi

Vacation in Paradise Made Memorable by Hotels in Delhi


As we touched down at the swanky International Airport in Delhi, I instantly put an end to the doubts my friends had incited in me about choosing a "Third world country" over the regular European locales for the summer holidays. I had researched enough on the internet and was sure what awaited me and it was assuring to be welcomed at the airport which could easily beat La Guardia in class and ambience hands down from where I had boarded my flight.

Arrangements for accommodations were made well in advance, thanks to online reservation options of hotels in Delhi, so I took a cab and headed for my hotel in Connaught place where The Park is located, my home for the next one week as I explore and relish the adventures this majestically simple yet charming city of Delhi. The warm welcome at the reception and the seamless check-in made me feel at home almost instantly. Though I had taken a virtual tour of Delhi hotels, the ambience overwhelmed me in reality. Such cozy room with all basic necessities being taken care of and the plush washroom made me smile inwardly as the room service guy efficiently and courteously helped me settle in.

If the room was better than I had pictured, the food in the in-house restaurants did justice to the legend of Indian cuisine and the elegance with which the dinner was served made me re-think if I should spend one whole day inside the premises and give the city amiss for a day! Lounging at the pool side bar and sipping on an exotic cocktail, I thought to myself if hotels in Delhi are a reflection of this city's warmth then the summer may just turn out to be more meaningful than I could have possibly imagined.